Europa-List: electrical stuff

Subject: Europa-List: electrical stuff
From: paul atkinson <paul@theatkinsons.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:10:15

Hello all

I am about to wire up my mags to switches in the panel. The Rotax 912s
manual suggests using .75mm sq wiring for these. 18 awg is 0.9mm sq and
20awg is 0.5mmsq. Bob K suggests 20awg in his z16 wiring diagram. I can't
find any info about current requirements for this wiring. Is 20 awg what
everyone uses, or should I go for 18awg?

Is anyone out there using a RMI uMonitor with a 912s. If so, how have you
dealt with oil temp sensing. I get the impression that the rotax supplied
sensor is incompatible with the monitor and that I should replace it with
the homebuilt sensor supplied with the monitor. If that is the case how do
I remove the rotax sensor? It doesn't look straightfoward to me and I'd
rather not risk damaging my still pristine engine. :-(

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Paul Atkinson