Re: Europa-List: Water flow

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Water flow
From: William Mills <combined.merchants@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 08:51:23

Hi Richard,
There should be a reduced pressure in the return pipe from the radiators to
the water pump, so that sucks water from the stb side carb heater the small
pipe should be connected very near to the pump to maximise the depression)
Coolant flows from the port carb heater which is fed from the exit from No 1
cylinder, which should be hot.  The trick is to ensure all the air is
evacuated from the carb heaters and associated pipes and make sure the carb
heaters get as hot as the No 1 cylinder return pipe.  Hope that helps.
Best wishes,
William