Europa-List: Mod 70

Subject: Europa-List: Mod 70
From: Rmi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:45:40
         From: "R\351mi Guerner" <ai...

I am not happy with the design of Mod 70, especially with the lack of positive
lateral guidance of the balance arm and those awful rubbing blocs. From the
description
of the incident, I understand that the part which broke was the AN490HT8P
fitting. So why is it necessary to replace the whole balance arm assembly
? Providing our authorities do not force us to implement the Mod 70 as it is
Do not remove the cables. Do not remove the balance arm. Remove the bolt on the
lower arm. Remove the TP18A/AN490HT8P/AN316-4R assembly without changing the
original adjustment. Design and machine a single piece replacement. Make sure
the 4.8 mm holes are drilled at the same distance as the original assembly. This
would allow the same tailplane movement range as before. Install the new
fitting.
I see a lot of benefit in this fix, when compared to the Mod 70 : the cables are
retained. No possible additionnal friction on rubbing blocs. No threads to be
stressed. Easier to fit. Cheaper.
Am I missing something ?
Remi
F-PGKL, XS S/N395 monowheel, 310 hours, 22 hours since upgraded from a 914 to a
912S.