RE: Europa-List: 912-S support ring

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 912-S support ring
From: Stephan Cassel <cassel@sensewave.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:22:49

Hi,

Have just done this with support from a Rotax-dealer.

The port bottom one should be changed to 80 degrees outlet tubes
---From Rotax. Don't forget to take the pump of first. New seal must be
added when putting it back. Also the upper tube has to be removed in
order
to get the bottom one of. 120-130 degrees Celsius is what it needs,
locally.

It can be a good idea to wait until the engine is mounted. After the new
tube has been connected it must not point to much downwards i.e. as
close as possible to the support ring. Otherwise the hose will get too
close to the silencer. (My was to close and have to take the pump of and
start over again)

By the way. ROTAX calls for Loctite 243 instead of Loctite 680 in new
manuals. This probably because 680 is very strong and difficult to deal
after cure.

Good luck
Stephan