Europa-List: Fuel pumps - par'l or series?

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel pumps - par'l or series?
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:43:40

Cheers,
            I have not monitored the net for the last three days, due new
system, but I asked locally about the query regarding fuel pump
installation, and the answer I got follows [permission not requested so
source not divulged]:

"| Rotax only recommends the series system with check valves. (As shown in
the
| maintenance manual Page 32) The reason is that at very high fuel demands
the
| parallel system may allow some fuel to bypass thru one of the pumps. We
have
| never witnessed this in practical application but it is the factories
| opinion that it could happen.
|
| We have a neat fuel manifold that tidies up the fuel pump installation but
| it is not been tested yet. The factory has agreed it meets the drawing
| criteria from the maintenance manual. See pic."

I am looking into the manifold suggestion. Factory may wish to comment.
Happy landings,
Ferg
A064