Re: Europa-List: Removal of bushes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Removal of bushes
From: Gillian and Charlie Laverty <bb@baliscate.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 23:46:56

Gillian & Charlie
Baliscate House,
Tobermory ,Isle of Mull ,PA75 6QA
Tel 44(0)1688 302048
Fax 44(0)1688 302666
e-mail bb@baliscate.freeserve.co.uk

Just a brief message to all.
Charlie has a big smile today, Ivan Shaw performed the first flight of
Charlie's Classic (build no.60) mono, G-CLAV. After a few irritating but
minor early glitches, (not least the trailer designer obviously thought
Europas were gliders, we had to cut slots to get the propeller in!) we
loaded up G-CLAV and went gently down the road from Tobermory to Glen Forsa,
a beautiful glass strip with a very nice log cabin hotel run by Brendan
Walsh, late afternoon Ivan took off and explored the basic flight envelope
including stalls and 5000 rpm cruise. Stall was very slow and cruise was
pretty fast so we are anxiously looking forward to an oprtunity to
callibrate airspeeds. Handling was excellent.
Brendan offered us a drink at his bar and quietly produced a bottle of very
nice champagne. Magical day for us all, Charlie and his very patient wife
Gillian, myself after quite a few years of occasional working hollidays and
Ivan, who calmly used his wide experience of test flying to give us a
successful fulfilling day. Even the Western Islands weather was beautiful.

Graham