Re: Europa-List: Before Installing Cockpit Module

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Before Installing Cockpit Module
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:55:15

>> 2024 aluminum is common with fuel lines.

> Most people use 3003 Versatube for the fuel lines, sometimes
> 5052 which is a bit stiffer. versatube is almost as soft as rubber
(;-)
> Not too difficult to go all the way to the firewall. IMHO 2024 is
too stiff .

> Graham

Come to think, I have to agree on ductile 3003.  Just doesn't look as
pretty.  There was an interesting NASA display at an Oshkosh once.
Actual crashed fiberglass structures; slow-motion video of their
tests.  Composites flex very considerably, before tearing the cloth,
giving the final appearance of the plane just "breaking" in places.
After seeing all that, I concluded a flex line at least at the tank
connections might be best.  But I really don't know for sure!

Reg,
Fred F.