RE: Europa-List: Fuel vent position

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel vent position
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:01:03

Hi! Mike.
I'd expected it necessary to have an anti-siphon bottle which empties
back to tank to also dissuade venting spillage. My bottle is a castrol
1/2 litre oil bottle glassed into place with the neck lower looking back
to the starboard side. Both of my vents enter the bottom of the bottle
at the highest point and any blow back spillage runs out the bottle back
to the tank vent and so back to tank.. The final air vent also in the
bottom of the bottle at the highest point then goes over the roof to
vent very close to the port flap lever slot. No fumes ever been noticed,
no bugs and no clag from the running gear. Not a drop spilt yet !
Regards
Bob Harrison. G-PTAG Europa 337 MKI/Jabiru 3300 (600 hours.)