RE: Europa-List: Diversion landings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Diversion landings
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:07:21
Received-SPF: none

>>> Let me get this right...I did the conversion....you were charged the
equivalent to $800 just to land your plane! How could they justify this
charge? Are these airports owned by private companies? Is there no
allowance by  the government for deviations due to weather?

Gee, and here was I grizzling about the USD28 that NZ's largest airport,
Auckland International, charged me to land and park a Europa for eight
hours!!! GBP400 for a landing fee is extortionate.

Tony