Re: Europa-List: Manifold Pressure Gauge???

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Manifold Pressure Gauge???
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:49:55

Vaughn Teegarden wrote:

> Richard was correct. I just recieved my FWF kit from Europa 2004 and it
> included a UMC manifold pressure gauge. Mine is for a Rotax 914, but
> Aircraft Spruce sells two 2 1/4" UMC gauges that register from 10"Hg to
> 35'Hg or 50"Hg. Both for $89.75 US. Interestingly enough, they are made
> right here in Virginia.
>
> Vaughn

Actually the MAP gauge (reading 0 - 50 Inches) is supplied with the 914
engine as MAP is vital with a turbocharged engine. It is not supplied
with the 912S.

ACS also sell a cheaper gauge for $42.80 (p 362 in the latest
catalogue). The other one is on P 352.

WIth the 912S you need the 0 - 35 inches gauge.

But Bryan, remember that you will done for VAT and delivery and the PO
handling charge. Best to make use of the delivery from the US to get
other goodies, like cables ! And it takes 10 - 14 days. You can order on
line, quicker than ordering through ACS (Europe) in Hitchin.

HTH

Richard