Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Balance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Balance
From: Vaughn Teegarden <N914VA@starband.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:23:27

The question as I see it, is "WHEN is the tailplane balanced properly?).
Does that mean you can put the tailplanes in any position while stationary
and the will stay there, neither moving up nor down. A wheel is balanced
when you can put it in any position and it does not rotate to another, even
when there is no friction impeding its rotation. Does the same apply to the
tailplanes? I was going to ask the same question myself.

Vaughn