Europa-List: Manifold pressure gauge

Subject: Europa-List: Manifold pressure gauge
From: Bryan Allsop <bryan@blackballclub.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:31:22

Hi Richard,

Regarding the requirement for a manifold pressure gauge, omitted from my article
in the Flyer.

I think you have anticipated the next part of the story. Indeed, Francis did
insist RETROSPECTIVELY that a manifold vacuum gauge must be installed.
Having asked for his guidance from square one, it did not amuse me. Now that
I find that you have had the same experience before me, I find even less
amusing.
The purpose of writing the article was to let others see what is involved,
so it is good to hear about you have been there too.

Regarding the CS/VP options. I installed both because it came that way, and
it was something else to play with. As with the Airmaster CS, you can select
the three options, and set any revs you wish to. I find that fully course VP
setting makes the engine run really smoothly, and the engine does not seem to
struggle.
Indeed, I did a couple of go-around and she picked up quite well..

I hope to be more illuminating for the next Mag.

Cheers Bryan.

P.S.  Regrettably I have not made it to Florida, yet. Very soon though. My
absence
---From the correspondence is due to a computer changeover which is causing me
problems with some lists.If this gets through I will have fixed it.