Re: Europa-List: over-voltage from alternator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: over-voltage from alternator
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:21:24

Ken

Electronics I can help with ( jam nuts are a different story. I am "up-side
down" )  If you have good electrical connections all around, the regulator
is the problem.

The connection I would be suspicious of are the ones coming off the
regulator to the battery.  You may be seeing a voltage that is trying to
compensate for a high resistance current path to the battery.  The only
regulator problems I have heard of are sagging off of the charge voltage
(lower).

Good luck, and let us all know what you do to fix it.  Thanks

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555