Re: Europa-List: Autopilot Advice

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Autopilot Advice
From: peter.rees05@ntlworld.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:53:44

Hi Alan

Weve chatted about this quite a bit off list but for my money, the EZ pilot wins
every time (I must get round to starting off the PFA Mod process for fitting
ours).

Within a few quid, the EZ Piot and Truetrack units are the same price, neither
can be fitted under existing recognised mods so, all is equal so far but, look
at the features that the EZ pilot offers - I particularly like the 'get me out
of IMC' button - just press and hold for 3 seconds - Autopilot comes on, turns
you through 180 degrees (in a turn of programmable rate - potential navid owners
please note).

I've been in contact with the guys at Trio and to be honest, they couldn't be
more
helpful. I'm want to interface the unit to a skyforce CM2000 - a somewhat
obscure colour GPS - Trio say I can send them the GPS and they'll try it or, I
can capture the data output and send them the file - the say that if they can
make it work, the will.

I have no idea how Navaids have kept the stronghold on the market with their
valve
operated unit (well almost!) - its time for a change!

I assume where you are is still covered by the PFA?  Im looking to fit one of
these,
someone else on the list has contacted me about doing the same  could we
work collectively (or better still, could the europa club take on the unit under
their existing / a new mod?)  there is no doubt that the unit looks to be
the most modern, feature packed offering in the price bracket.

I mooted the idea if Europa supplying it as a factory mod with all the requsite
hardware to Andy Draper yesterday - he sounded quite enthusiastic about the idea
- maybe some pressure there may be of use.