Europa-List: Trio Autopilots

Subject: Europa-List: Trio Autopilots
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:31:47

Gidday all,
After just returning from picking up my servo from Trio for my autopilot
setup I thought I might share my experience. Firstly, Trio do not know I am
sending this to the list. The autopilot is designed by a fellow named Chuck
Busch, an experience electrical engineer working with elite suppliers to
military and NASA for over 20 years. He worked extensively on early
tracking systems for missile technology, including GPS in its infancy.
Suffice to say, he knows his stuff. In conjunction with his small team he
has built, test flown in his Long Eze, and then re-engineered the product
to achieve a very capable system. The product is evolving and they have
plans for altitude hold functionality in April this year, thereabouts. If
anyone is interested in autopilots, you should avail yourselves the
opportunity to deal with a company where they pride themselves on
communicating well with their customer base. I made over 10 enquiries
before making my choice and was always met with friendly advice. They can
be reviewed at
http://www.trioavionics.com/

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger
Currently working on  Rudder Pedals,
In  but tight so more work to go on them.
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig,
Tail Torque Tube installed with temporary timber dowels.
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Roof Panel between doors completed.
Photos at:
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/TonyR
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Garmin 296 Colour GPS beneath an electronic Artificial
Horizon, one that I can trust for short periods IMC, to get out of a sticky
situation