Europa-List: MAndatory Service Bulletin

Subject: Europa-List: MAndatory Service Bulletin
From: Dave Anderson <dja767@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:45:59

I just complied with the Rotax mandatory service bulletin by replacing my
coolant
with the new NPG+ coolant - waterless. The concept is simple - the coolant
now has a boiling point of 375 degrees F so there is no possibility of boiling
over should the CHTs approach the 275 degree F limit. I have three flight with
it now and I can say that the temps are running warmer than they have in the
past. I am not sure this is a good thing, since it is now winter and the air
temp is cool. I suppose I will see what happens when we warm up again. My engine
monitor reads about 10 degrees high, so I am seeing 240 degrees where I would
normally see about 230 in climb. The CHTs also seem to come up faster taxiing
out, but the oil temp doesn't warm up any faster.

Has anyone used this coolant yet?

In the process of replacing the fluid, I removed my exhaust system (914) and
found
that my exhaust leak may have been coming from the flange where the exhaust
goes into and out of the turbo. I have carefully planed those surfaces and
reassembled
it. I have had no CO detected in the cockpit since then and will be
looking at the area around the turbo to see if there is any more evidence of
leakage there.

Dave
A227
Mini U2