Europa-List: Campaigners for our flying freedoms required!

Subject: Europa-List: Campaigners for our flying freedoms required!
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:52:35

(Apologies to the non-UK folks on the list, but I need to reach all the UK
folks on this one.)

You may or may not have noticed the "CAN-do Corner" column (text below) in
the last Popular Flying. The aim is to form a network of campaigners to
target EASA, Eurocontrol, MPs, local councils etc. on key issues in a
coordinated fashion.

We're now calling for volunteers as loudly as possible. Please sign up by
emailing can@pfa.org.uk as described in the article below!

Thanks and regards,
Jeremy

CAN-do Corner

Are you bothered with bureaucrats from Brussels blowing your flying budget
with their demands for ever more costly compliances?

Are you angry about airspace access issues?

Or livid about councils constantly attacking strips and airfields around the
country?

The PFA has been at the forefront of campaigning on issues like Mode S,
enlarged controlled airspace, threatened local airfields, and the
ever-increasing costs of recreational flying. It is clear that the threats
to our hobby are coming ever thicker and faster, and that a coordinated
network of campaigners who can be called upon to help fight these issues is
required.

Take, for example, the recent consultation by Eurocontrol on charging for
VFR flight in uncontrolled airspace. Not only were the vast majority of
private pilots left off the circulation of the proposal, but the deadline
for responses was extremely short. We need to be able to react very quickly
to these threats, we need to be able to do so in large numbers, we need to
make clear, concise, pointed arguments, and we need to target the right
people: MPs and MEPs, local authorities, Eurocontrol, EASA, .

Modern technology has given us the perfect tool for calling on a network of
campaigners quickly and easily; email, so we are forming the PFA Campaigning
Aviators Network, or PFA CAN, and are looking for volunteers (don't stop
reading now you've seen the 'v' word - this affects you!).

Whenever a new campaign is required, we will email you asking for your help.
We'll give you details of the issue, who to write to or send an email to,
and a list of points you might want to select from when writing your
response. All you have to do is write. This will not take a lot of your
time, but it will save you a great deal of hassle in the future.

To join the PFA CAN, please just email can@pfa.org.uk with your name and
preferred email address and we'll add you to our list. Needless to say, your
details will be treated in the strictest confidence and will only be used
for the campaigns. Volunteering will not expose you to spam, viruses, worms
or Trojan horses. On the other hand, not volunteering.

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation."
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1200 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms