RE: Europa-List: Cradle for Fuselage

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cradle for Fuselage
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:37:48

Dave:

Pick three positions on your fuselage bottom where you want your boat
supported at.  If building monowheel be sure to clear the wheel wheel
opening and leave it hanging out front.  Make three layups on the fuselage
bottom. Form one edge of the fiberglass up 90 degrees to make a "fin" to
give it some rigidity when you pull it off of the fuselage.  When off of
the fuselage trace the profile on 3 pieces of plywood to make saddles.  Cut
with a saber saw.  Use  your fiberglass layups to bond to the edge of the
plywood to make pads for the fuselage.  Weld up a frame out of 1" square
tube to clamp the saddles to.  Adjust the saddles as needed to level the
boat.  I actually screwed the  fuselage to the saddle pads to pull the
fuselage straight.  My cradle now has a second user down in Tucson.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa AZ

building a cradle for the fuselage.  Other than a trial and error method I
can't think of a way to copy the curvature of the bottom of the  fuselage.