Europa-List: TP12 Drive Plates Becoming Loose

Subject: Europa-List: TP12 Drive Plates Becoming Loose
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:12:44

Gidday Again,
If you have the luxury of being able to remove your torque tubes, do so and
"send them off to a machinist". The mere smallest amount of "out of round"
with the hole through the torque tube will create the dreaded movement,
exacerbated at the trailing edge of the tailplane. I don't want mine to
ever move, so I have had a machinist do the work, precisely. Its a hard job
even for him, to get everything all lined up and clamped. Don't do it
yourself. If you do I reckon sure as eggs you'll be buying a new torque
tube next. I am even thinking of Bob Harrisons clamps, just in case. Pity
they are so expensive.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia