RE: Europa-List: Europa provided adjustable NACA cabin vents

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa provided adjustable NACA cabin vents
From: Steve Crimm <steve.crimm@stephenscott.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:41:30

Cliff,

Yep, it was the little threaded stud that broke.  I like your fix Cliff.
Anyway the catalog I have is 2004/2005 and I searched the web site for part
number and couldn't find it. But I did find www.PrescottProducts.com who
have an adjustable vent, this may be the one from Aircraft Spruce but with a
different part #.  With the spare vents from Tom and Cliff's fix I think I
can come up with a solution.  Wonder if there is a market for a NACA vent
fix-it kit?

It is amazing I have been looking on my own for a week or so with out any
luck and then when I post a help msg to the forum I find a possible mfg of
the part the same night.  Why didn't that happen last week? But then I got
some really good help from the group.

Thanks guys,    (are there any ladies in the group, have to be careful)

Steve

Steve

If your vent broke the threaded stud off like the vent on Bob Jacobsen's
plane did , I can help you. (maybe)  I fixed his by epoxying a new threaded
stud to the flapper plate.  I made the stud out of something (can't remember
what. Maybe a 1/4"- 20 bolt).  Anyway - after gluing the head to the flap it
worked well. I used a knurled nut and a light compression spring with a
couple washers. I think it is still working..

ACS page 183 bottom right of page.  P/N 01-305000     $22.95

Cliff