AW: Europa-List: Oregon Aero Seating

Subject: AW: Europa-List: Oregon Aero Seating
From: Europa Alfred Buess <ykibuess@bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:40:36

Hi Kingsley

Oregon Aero made a set of seat cushions for my bird. I ordered them
unupholstered as I expected that the cushions had to be trimmed to fit
perfectly - and so it is. The price was $ 300 per seat (bottom and back
cushion) plus shipping (Fedex to Switzerland: $ 115). The quality of the
foam cushions is excellent. Trimming is necessary however as the gaps
for the wing spar bolts are not high enough, especially on the starboard
side (bracket that holds the bolt) and as I have some wiring in the seat
area that interferes with the cushions. I asked Oregon Aero to make
three bottom cushions of different thickness as my plane will be used by
people of different height (and the head position of the pilot should
always be as high as possible). Customer support from Oregon Aero in my
case was always OK. In short: I am satisfied with what I got, although
it is not really cheap.

I put some pictures with short comments on the web:
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/modules.php?set_albumName=Builders-Album&op=m
odload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Is this the kind of information you were looking for?

Regards,
Alfred

Alfred Buess
Laenggasse 81, CH-3052 Zollikofen, Switzerland
Tel.: +41 (0)31 911 63 32, Fax: +41 (0)31 911 56 32
E-Mail: albuess@bluewin.ch
Europa XS #097, Monowheel, Foam shortwing, Rotax 912S, Airmaster 332 CS,
still (and slowly) building

--> <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>

All,

I understand from Oregon Aero that a few seat cushions have now been
supplied to Europa owners / builders.

If any of you out there are a recipient of any of these cushions, I
would appreciate your opinions please.  A photo or two of same sent
directly to me or preferably for the benefit of all, to the Forum
Gallery at

http://forum.okhuijsen.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=inde

would be very much appreciated too.

Landed in Australia, these cushions are not cheap so I am trying to be
as sure as I can that I will not be disappointed if I lash out and
ignore the expense.

Many thanks

Kingsley Hurst
Mono Classic 281 in Oz.