Re: Europa-List: Fuel filter gets empy

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel filter gets empy
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:36:29

Barahona Alonso, Francisco Javier wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>Lately, when flying, I observe that the fuel filter tends to get empty. What I
do then is to connect the auxiliary electrical pump and the filter fill up
again.

>I do not know  if that happens because the mechanical pump is deteriorating or
because I have some air leaks in the fuel circuit.

>Could anyone advise me?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Javier Barahona

Generally, air is introduced into the system when there is a leak,
somewhere, upstream of the filter, or point where you're seeing the
air.  Though certainly not the only reason, it is the most likely.  You
might try checking for restrictions in the tank vent, also.  A bad pump,
ahead of the filter is also a possibility....

--
Jeff - A055