RE: Europa-List: NIGEL> Fuel drain modification?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: NIGEL> Fuel drain modification?
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:12:38

>Where did you locate your gascolator?<

Aft stbd corner of the mainwheel well. With a Classic the wheel well is
big enough to give clearance with the gear retracted. This provides easy
access and any fuel spillage goes straight to the ground. In case anyone
has doubts it has worked well in this position for 3 years now.

>Are photos available?<

I lost the originals when my computer crashed last year. I can take
another but the description above should be sufficient.

I have a UK builder copying my parallel fuel system with an XS. As the
wheel well is smaller I think he will be mounting the gascolator under
one of the seats with an access panel from underneath. Once we have
sorted out the details his mod and mine might be the basis for another
club mod.

Nigel Charles