Europa-List: Open Response to Dave (Buzz)

Subject: Europa-List: Open Response to Dave (Buzz)
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:14:21
 09/12/2004 10:14:19 AM,
        Serialize complete at 09/12/2004 10:14:19 AM

Hi Dave,

First, I did not say the largest market, I said one of the largest markets

Second with all due respect for your position as President of the Europa
club,
telling you the good news alone is not nearly the same as telling Europa
Owners.
Rather more like a third to a fifth of the thousand kits sold.  I know for
a fact
that Andy, at least, is not nearly so web- clueless as the sad case of the
Europa
employees who sent that sad missive to the Club begging publicity, and
completely ignorant of the list, the web site and everyone else.

Third, I think it is completely reasonable and proud to be UK centric.
You guys have a fine product and are deservidly proud.  It is just a
lousy business plan.

Fourth, the US builders have in proportion been hurt more by
the old company than UK builder where the parts pipeline persisted
longer and no one was held up by imaginary container shipments.

Therefore, even a casual neglect of the folks on this side is taken as an
affront, intended or not.
Knowing Andy and Nev from many hours at Oshkosk and SnF I have the highest
respect
and appreciation for them even though I never called them for assistence
(OK, calling to complain
about mismolded parts is another issue). I only wish success for them. (
Even if Nev still
owes Russ amd me the plans for the balsa model)

I have had a number of US owners write me privately to tell me how they
have been
screwed by Keith and Europa.  While I am done, except for glider wings,
and I have tried the
whole time to help Europa, even to the extent of working in the tent
trying to sell kits, none
of us feel warm and fuzzy about being relegated to second class Europa
citizens.

Why is the company web site always obsolete?

Why even now, do the company principles rely information 2nd hand
transfer.
They have the same free access to the web and the list as all of us.  What
are they afraid of?

Flame off

No quotes of old news needed

Ira
in this case carrying the sentiments of many