Europa-List: Tie Bar and Vent location 4) Questions

Subject: Europa-List: Tie Bar and Vent location 4) Questions
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:29:20

Hello Andy

I hope all is going well with your new venture.

"GOOD LUCK" !!!

1) I have an Accelerated CPM and monogear XS. There is a clearance relief for
tie
bar incorporated in the pitch tube tunnel. The manual shows how to cut a relief.
Do I need
to bond the tie rod to the tunnel of the CPM to prevent buckling under
compression
loads? If so what is best way to do it? I was going to paint the tie rod before
installing,
do i need a scuff sanded bond to the rod, or just a cuddle to the paint?

2) The tie bar does not lay flat on the fuse, it calls for filling the void with
flox. Should I best use Redux or Aeropoxy? Should I scuff sand and bond to both
surfaces?

3)The front lift pin socket pad needs reinforcing on the inside of fuse. It
calls
for blue foam to be used. Can I substitute Balsa?

4) What is the best location for he NACA vents? (Dimensions ?)

Thx.

Sincerely
Ron Parigoris