Europa-List: Lightspeed ANRs

Subject: Europa-List: Lightspeed ANRs
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:39:07

>I currently have some LightSpeed 25's and in my Comanche they work great.  I
>have had some problems with them in my Europa due to RF break through,
>however when they do work the improvement is not as noticable as when I use
>them in my Comanche,  I assume that this is becuse they are tailored for
>lower frequency attenuation and I suspect that the Rotax has more high
>frequency component in its noise profile.

Paul
my limited understanding of ANR is that its only possible to attenuate the
lower frequencies because the phase shift required is different for each
frequency. Bad terminology there, Phase needs to shift 180 degs. and the
time shift is too small at higher frequencies. I guess different
manufacturers make different compromises so you may be right,
Graham