Europa-List: Re: Cockpit module goes in next weekend!

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Cockpit module goes in next weekend!
From: SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 08:48:15
        2.60 REPLY_TO_EMPTY         Reply-To: is empty

[quote:f7d4860e15="EuropaXSA276 at aol.com"]
They also used about 120 #8 X 1/2 sheet metal screws to pull this thing
together.  That's a lot!
How do you get them to release from the Araldite after cure?

Someone mentioned a lot of dimpling from the screws after cure? Anyone have a
fix
for that?

I understand the bright light shining under the canoe to check for voids.

What method do you use to fill the voids if found?

Brian S
A276 Tri Gear. Texas
See my build photos at:
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/BrianS
[/quote:f7d4860e15]
Hi Brian,
That's about the number of screws. In the american system of measure I think its
a "butt load", this has a direct relation to the amount of dimples you'll have
to fill.
The screws release easily with a screw gun in reverse. You don't have to treat
them.
If you search the list archive:
http://www.geocities.com/asarangan/europa_forum.html
I think you'll find some postings on installing without dimpling, I think it
would
be easier to fill the dimples. Easy for me to say, I haven't  filled them
yet.
The bright light trick works great. One word of caution in some places where the
fit is prefect there is very little glue, and this is good. You need to add
where there is an air gap.  We filled the voids using a syringe with redux. One
with a light mix of flox and one with no flox for tight places. Drill a small
hole for glue inlet and at the other end of the bubble one for air out let.
Inject and then cover the holes with a tab of duct tape.

Later,
Steved
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://forum.okhuijsen.org/