Europa-List: door locks

Subject: Europa-List: door locks
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 14:55:37

I fitted the 'standard' type door locks with a jubilee clip on the door
push rod as a stop and barrel lock which rotates a cam against it to
stop the handle being turned when door is locked.

I have just experienced a second 'failure' of a barrel lock, caused both
times by staff at the hanger where I keep the plane trying to force the
door handle. (last time was my fault really as I had left the park brake
on and they needed to move the plane). Reluctant to fit a third set and
have the same problem, I wondered if anyone has had success with a
different method of locking?

Richard Iddon G-RIXS