Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp/Kremen propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp/Kremen propellers
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:40:16

Duncan, They never had one. At one stage they expressed an interest but FD's
3yr stipulation put them off and in any case Kremen prefer the idea of
Connair.
           I talked to Jiri about yourprop design paper. He said it was long
and the English complex but he felt it didn't simply extend from 2 blade
props to 3 and to props with differnt secions. I think he implied that all
props should be optimised for the climb phase which is more critical unless
you are into racing. Finally he said that a firm (whose name he gave me but
I have forgotten) tested the kremen SR2000 and the Rospeller for their new
fibreglass plane. The Rospeller has significantly more twist than the
Kremen. They found that climb & cruise performance were identical but engine
cooling was worse with the Rospeller, so they have chosen the Kremen. Sorry
I did not get time (in what turned out to be a hectic schedule) to push him
to produce a more in depth critique of the paper.
Cheers, David----- Original Message -----
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>

<ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>