Europa-List: 914 Coolant Temp

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Coolant Temp
From: Carpenter Matt <mcarpenter@concordefs.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:48:14

My EIS 2000 has a "Coolant Temp" readout..
After many hours last night I was able to track down the wire.. it goes no
where.

So, is there a place to add a temp probe to a 914?  I went through the
manuals and
I find no place that you can add a probe/use current probe to get water
temps.

The other method would be to only watch the CHT, is that what most 914
owners do?

On a side note.. I tracked down the OAT (also goes to EIS 2000), and found
that it connects
to a small metal piece behind the avionics panel.  The other day the temp
was around 95 OAT, and the OAT on the EIS said 95, but after the engine ran
for a bit, it had jumped to 110.. so the OAT probe is picking up heat from
the avionics, and some off the engine.  Where SHOULD it be located?

Thanks,

Matt Carpenter
A138
Amarillo, Texas