Re: Europa-List: Classic stainless exhaust fault

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Classic stainless exhaust fault
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:11:18

>It appears that the classic is not the only Silencer" that has this
problem.
Chris is working with me and the exact same thing has happened to my 912S
"silencer". The aft Port connector socket was not welded properly and has
broken loose.<

My fault is not due to welding but the jig being incorrect putting stress on
the part. The weld was the part that finally gave way after a helical crack
in the pipe which was not visible with the exhaust fitted.

>I used a currency converter service I found on the web, and you are
correct.
190 GBP = $349.64 USD  .  Ouch !!!<

No it wasn't that expensive. The forum seems to convert our 'pound sign'
incorrectly. The cost will be 58 pounds which I think is good value.

Regards

Nigel Charles