Re: Europa-List: RE: fuel drain mod: part numbers please

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: fuel drain mod: part numbers please
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:15:55

----- Original Message -----
From: "SteveD" <Post2Forum@comcast.net>

| Josok,
| I don't know what parts the kit came with but I'm using CAV-110 SAF-AIR
Drain valve 1/8 npt.

http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog/product_detail.php/pid=4421~subid=1222/index.html
| ACS:
| http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/safair.php
| The brass fittings I got from an auto parts store. I plan to use 1/8
tubing to the drains as per: Dennis Vories
| http://www.europa-usa.com/enhancements.htm
| Look under fuel system # 4
|
| Hope that helps,
| Steved.

 Josok,
       My fuel system piping is all 3/8@ alum tubing.  I did essentially the
same as Steve, using Safiar drains as he, but was warned not to buy auto
parts unless the flaring cones were at 37deg. Most auto parts here and U.S.
(Weatherhead by name) are at 45deg for the bulk of fittings, but aviation I
believe are  37deg. The two are not compatible I am told. Weatherhead sell
37deg bits but you must confirm same................ I guess this is not a
problem if you are all flexible conduits.
FWIW
Ferg
A064