Europa-List: Benwick FM1053 with Floscan Fuel Flow Sender- Compatability

Subject: Europa-List: Benwick FM1053 with Floscan Fuel Flow Sender- Compatability
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:17:07

William,
Regarding your question, the Floscan units pulse at different rates and
therefore have different fuel flow capabilities. Consequently, the
particular fuel management systems need to be software tuned, so that the
information is correctly calibrated. I mentioned my desire to use a
different Floscan to the usual one supplied by Grand Rapids to them, and
much to my surprise I was met with a warm offer to recalibrate it to suit
my needs. Now the cost was not mentioned, but if the warm reception to my
non-standard request is any indication, I am sure it will be either free of
very reasonable. Goodonya Grand Rapids.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia