Re: Europa-List: Done yet?, priming

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Done yet?, priming
From: Paul Boulet <possibletodo@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:19:45

HI Steve;
have you searched the archives with the word Smooth Prime?  seems to me there
were
a lot of problems with it.

Paul Boulet, N914PB
Awaiting static port and test pilot so I can start flying off the 40 hours

Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net> wrote:

I've basically finished everything in the builders manual and firewall forward
book but it still seems like I have another year of work left. At this point I'm
mopping superfill on the fuselage to catch the imperfections, dings, and
ripples.
My wings and flight control surfaces have been done for years and have
been primed with UV smooth prime. I have caught some issues with paint problems
concerning this manufacturer though specifically haven't heard problems with
the primer. It fills in real nice and sands good. Though if there is anyone with
some bad history to relate I don't want to commit to doing the fuselage with
it . Better to regroup before the whole job is done. Lets have some input.

Thanks,

Steve
A143, Mesa, AZ

Steve Hagar