Europa-List: Xcom intercom. Caveat Emptor

Subject: Europa-List: Xcom intercom. Caveat Emptor
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:18:14

Following on from the thread on noisy Microair radio=92s, I have just
received the Xcom intercom ordered direct from Xair in Aus. Very good
service although I did have to pay the postie an extra =A324 for VAT etc
when it arrived.

Also I have now discovered that I will probably have to re-wire the PTT,
Microphones and headsets as the Microair has these linked together but
they are wired separate if using the Xcom. They have offered to supply a
harness but that would be another $275 and I guess I would still need to
strip out and rewire the above.

Their web site states that =91fitting the unit should take little more
than 15 minutes=92. I=92ll take that with a large pinch of salt.

Looks like a job for winter.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS