Re: Europa-List: Fitting the top, the final frontier

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fitting the top, the final frontier
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 12:43:43

Cheers, John,
            Much slower than you, but strolling ahead, I am now in your
positiuon of having to plan the last stages before the top goes on. I also
slid the top on and off 30 times and found as time goes on that the
discrepancy at the joggle you found increased. I then felt that having used
the dolly which leaves the tail area hanging out unsupported, had allowed
the tail to droop. I then re-sat the canoe into a rig which forced  the tail
into the proper position vs. the cockpit area and found it had drooped over
1/2inch. When I added the top, things improved mightily - and I now have
about 1/4inch space at the joggle, which I am told is not unusual.
            Perhaps I am faulty in this - if so, request correction, but
everything lines up well in my instance so am fairly confident of a smooth
installation. As an added fillip, I have used Paul's skit, via GraSing, of
putting 'splashes' over the bulkheads so that I don't have to squirm into
the bowels for the matching BiDs.
This too I hope will keep the tail higher than otherwise during curing.
Good luck to us both!
Ferg
A064