Re: Europa-List: Trimming the XS canoe

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trimming the XS canoe
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 13:52:45

Brian,

If you get your eye down close to the fuselage flange and look down the
length of the fuselage, you can make out the line fairly well.  You
should be able to see the line on the tail flange this way as well.
The line on the angle up from fuselage to tail is a lot harder to see
but is there.

Personally, I left a radius at the firewall juncture and on the
interior angle from the fuselage to the angled portion.  I don't like
the potential for stress risers that a sharp angle might leave.

Good building,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, 914, Airmaster C/S
(65%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch
system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in,
working chapters 23 Fuselage Top, 24 Instrument Panel, 25 Electrical,
29 Main Gear & 34 Door Latches.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123