Europa-List: Trailer info

Subject: Europa-List: Trailer info
From: Rick Heis <RadarRick@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:53:56

Good Morning all from West Virginia (USA)=85.great Memorial Day,

I am interested in trailers for the Europas.

I know that there are two basic models (wheel footprint) of Europas (mono
and tri) and even a few conventional gear model out there=85=85my questions are
what kind of trailers does everyone have to transport your Europas?

1.  Are there commercial, manufactured trailers?  (Which manufacture)

2.  Did you build one yourself, either completely or partial?

3   Are there any plans out there that are available to build a trailer for
an Europa (or sailplane)?

4.  If you use a manufactured trailer, what key components or modifications
are needed to make it work for a Europa?

5.  Are there any covered trailers available?

6.  Can you use a sailplane (glider) trailer from Cobra (or others brands)
for an Europa?

7.  Are there any horror stories out there where you tried to tow an Europa
and it didn=92t work=85.I am only interested in the corrections of how and why
it didn=92t work, and what you did to the trailer to make sure it didn=92t
happen again.

8.  If you had to do it all over again, what would you do different in your
trailer area?

The reason I am inquisitive about the trailer details is that I am getting
ready to purchase a trailer (or two) for transporting some =BE scale (24 feet
long fuselage, 24 foot wingspan) static display models (P51 & P40 & Corsair)
for Civil Air Patrol. If I can purchase or build (or partially build from a
basic manufactured trailer) a trailer that fits ALL these needs, I would
like to hear your input and advise.

Any feedback, good or bad is what I am asking for. Any trailer details,
schematics, measurements, etc. would be great. What are you all doing?

Thanks,

Rick Heis

Morgantown, WV  (USA)