Re: Europa-List: Cooling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:36:01

James Nelson wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>        I did the smoothing out of the inlet all the way to the radiator.
> I also included a cooling flap at the outlet of the duct. If  you are
>doing the factory thing, make sure that NO air get around the oil and
>water radiators.  The air will go to the path of least resistance.  Use
>the rubber fabric if necessary to blank off areas where the air will go.
>I went the unique way and redid the cooling system.  I have a separate
>oil cooling radiator (original Europa cooler) that has its own duct
>inlet.  The main large duct is only for the water radiator.  It works
>very well for my 912 S.  I also have some pix if you want to see them.
>
>Jim Nelson

Jim,

Since I'm planning on installing the 912S, I'd be very interested in
seeing those photos.  Especially anything to do with the cooling flap
and hearing about how much success you've had in keeping the temps under
control.  Could I beg them, off list?  ;)

Thanks,
--
Jeff - A055
Builders Log: http://www.N55XS.com