Europa-List: FIRST FLIGHT - Alex Bauman -C-GGHY

Subject: Europa-List: FIRST FLIGHT - Alex Bauman -C-GGHY
From: Christine and Peter Timm <cptimm@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 21:20:27

Once again I have the pleasure of announcing to the forum another First
Flight.  Alex Bawman flew his Europa XS C-GGHY today out of Nanaimo Airport
on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

Some of you will remember his kit from when it was on display at Arlington a
few years ago.  Alex has installed a CAM 100 Honda engine with a modified
cowling as well as some streamlining around the wheel well which makes his
plane distinctive in appearance.

Prior to his First Flight, Alex took the opportunity to bone up on the
monowheel's handling characteristics when I flew my Classic over on a couple
of fine days.  Besides giving Alex a chance to get 'current' before flying
his own aircraft it gave me the opportunity to see what a great job he has
done on his project.  We admired the excellent workmanship and the artistic
paint job and look forward to flying with him very soon.

Cheers,
Peter Timm
C-GIET