Re: Europa-List: Flexible Sanding Medium

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flexible Sanding Medium
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:50:53

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kingsley Hurst" <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Subject: Europa-List: Flexible Sanding Medium
| All,
| I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to what ideas they have come
up
| with for sanding filler on compound curves and for the inside radius on
wing
| fairings etc.   | Kingsley Hurst             Mono Classic 281 in Oz

Kingsley,
            There are probably better suggestions but:
I made up 'pillows' of cut foam, [garbage bags loosely fitted with small
blocks of foam bought at local foam shop] , made to size and then casually
wrapped wityh the applicable grit paper. They appear to accept the size of
curve withoput being aggressive yet pliable and insistent.
Hope it helps.
Ferg A064
PS Also used same ploy to make 'pillows' for squirming into tight but
uncomfortable corners...........