Europa-List: Europa Acro

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Acro
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:21:16
 05/03/2004 10:21:21 AM,
        Serialize complete at 05/03/2004 10:21:21 AM

Just my 2 cents

First, Karl, the Europa is not actually "certified" for anything since it
is a homebuilt.

Second, as stated, in the US, at least, a DAR will but whatever you want
into your Program Letter
otherwise known as the OpLims.  The condition for acro is that you placard
the entry speeds and demonstrate
each manuever during the 25 or 40 hr test period. If you take a look at
the copy of my POH
at http://forum.okhuijsen.org/  it should list the entry speeds I used in
consultation with Andy Draper,
Jimmy Thursby, and several other experiences Euro drivers.
I list them here:

Pilots Operating Handbook       N224XS  Section 5 -
Entry Speeds:
Chandelles      120 kts
Wing Overs      120 kts
Loops   130 kts / 3G
Aileron rolls   120 - 130 kts
Barrel rolls    120 - 130 kts

Your milage may vary.

Second, with respect to building, my workshop was 1031 sm from home, yet I
finished to flying state
in just under three years.  Its all personal bias and choice.

Have Fun (thats the key!)

Ira   N224xs Flying and fixing, fixing, fixing