Europa-List: Avionics question

Subject: Europa-List: Avionics question
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 16:43:20

Hi all,

I have been struggling with an issue which I have now been able to quantify.
When
I try and transmit ( IIMorrow GX60) I get an awful squeal in the headset.
To trouble shoot I removed the intercom and wired my microphone and headset
socket
directly to the radio and it still squealed when trying to transmit.  My
headsets are LightSpeed 25k's

I then tried a different set of headsets and it worked just fine (Telex 3500),
tower reported a clear transmission.  Just as a cross check I tried my Light
Speed
headsets on my Vertex handheld and they did the same.... made a squeal when
trying to transmit.  These headsets work perfectly in my Comanche which has
a Signtronics intercom.

It would seem that the problem is isolated to my Lightspeed headsets, any one
have
any suggestions ?

Paul