Europa-List: Skydrive Carb. Synchronisation Rotax 912S

Subject: Europa-List: Skydrive Carb. Synchronisation Rotax 912S
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:36:06

Just used the above unit to synchronize carbs. on my Rotax 912S.
Very impressive result. New engine, and I thought it was running well.
After synchronizing, the engine ran so much smoother.
We adjusted the outer cable of one of the throttles to balance them as it
depends
so much on the routing back to the throttle quadrant. Slight different
routing can cause one
carb. butterfly to lead the other. Doing it this way we did not have to
adjust the throttle inner cable
as well as the idle stops, set up by the engine company.
For what it is worth,
Tim
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,