Re: Europa-List: to build or not to build

Subject: Re: Europa-List: to build or not to build
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:28:58

Hi Tom,

I was told by many people that you should only build an airplane if you
are interested in building, NOT as a cheap way to get a flying plane.  I
built a Europa with a partner, which took over two years, both of us
working EVERY day, from 8PM-11PM on weekdays and 6-8 hours a day on
Saturdays and Sundays.  We have nearly enough money invested to buy a
brand new Decathalon, and more than enough to buy a good used one.  If
you can't see yourself committing several hours every day for the next
several years to a Europa build, maybe you should consider a used
Decathalon, or a Great Lakes, or a ____ instead.

regards,
Terry Seaver