Re: Europa-List: trailer/transport

Subject: Re: Europa-List: trailer/transport
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:14:23

tom@tompaul.com wrote:

>>Hi all,
>>The time has come to get my kit from it's original builder in CA.  I am
>>in NY (NYC Area).
>>
>>I am considering a few options to transport the partially completed
>>kit.  A rental truck seems like the simplest choice, but i am having a
>>hard time with the idea of tossing 3k to the rental company, not to
>>mention the high cost for gas, and then to have nothing but a
>>transported kit.
>>
>>One alternative i am considering is to buy a cargo trailer for 4 to 5 k
>>that would then serve as a storage shed for the extra bits while i am
>>working on other parts (my workshop is a small one car garage) and it
>>would eventually be the transport to the airport.
>>The only issue with this is storing the trailer here outside the house.
>>  I am trying to find a smallish trailer as opposed to the
>>auto-transport models that are usual for the required length.
>>
>>I would be grateful for any specifics regarding the size of a trailer
>>to comfortably transport store a finished plane.  I see that the length
>>of a finished plane is 19'6".  Would a 20' box trailer be fine?
>>
>>Thanks for any info or ideas.
>>

>Tom

Tom,

Just make sure you have a full 20' "inside" the trailer, that is, if the
airplane is finished.  When I picked up my kit, we transported it in a
24' enclosed car trailer.  Everything fit just fine...  Good luck and
enjoy your new airplane...

--
Jeff
A055 - Almost ready to bond the cockpit module.