RE: Europa-List: Cowlings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cowlings
From: Neville Eyre <neville@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:40:40

Hi All,
The 914 as supplied does not normally come with the cylinder shroud, the 912S
has
that as a standard fitment. It is available for the 914 as an option [ but
VERY EXPENSIVE !]
Tests indicate a drop of oil and water temps of about 10 C when the shroud is
fitted.

If the shroud is left on, then the cowl MUST have the air inlet fitted, if the
shroud is removed, you needn't cut the inlet.
The air scoop cut into the lower duct is to let a bit of air flow past the Turbo
on the 914.
Hope this clears up any confusion ?
Cheers,
Nev.