Re: Europa-List: Europa 912 : Lowish in-flight oil pressure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa 912 : Lowish in-flight oil pressure
From: William Mills <combined.merchants@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:31:11

Hi Alan,
That does seem low.  My engine is a 912UL and has done 580 flying hours and
I still get 4 bar at 2000 rpm when hot.  Unless you have run a bearing it is
probably a weak pressure relief valve, or faulty pressure sender.  Because
the senders are known to give trouble and are subject to vibration, I have
mounted mine on top of the footwell and have fitted a low pressure warning
light as a backup.  I use Shell Advance VSX4.  I hope it
is nothing more serious than that.
Regards,
William