RE: Europa-List: Europa Finger Brake Master Cylinder Brand????

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Finger Brake Master Cylinder Brand????
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:51:44

Hi Tony and Karl

I have the factory finger brakes (less the tunnel mount as I have my own
tunnel design).  I helped a little with the development as I was working on
finger brakes as the factory was developing the mod.  I have made Andy aware
that supplying 6mm tubing for use with 1/4in (6.33mm) fittings is not the
best solution and as far as I know he is thinking about it.  At present I
have left the 6mm tube but may replace it with 1/4in Polyflow at some stage.
As it is it is far to easy to accidentally pull a tube out of a connector
particularly at the calliper down by the wheels.  Also, As Karl said you
have to be careful when tightening the nut so that the olive doesn't tilt

I have had a lot of trouble with the piston only returning very slowly to
the maximum back position.  Like Karl I have tried my best with cleaning and
lubricating to fix it but with only partial success.  It is nice to hear
that Karl may have found a solution and it would be a great help if he would
give us the details of the replacement seals.

Ian Rickard  #505 G-IANI
Europa Club Assistant Mods Rep
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk