RE: Europa-List: Warp Drive blades

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Warp Drive blades
From: Neville Eyre <neville@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:47:33

 Hi All,
In theory, yes, in practice, no.
You can weigh the blades on two scales, one at each end, to get matching end
weights,
as you would do when balancing a con rod [ and thus matching total weight]
but trimming off a few grams in the same place on all three blades,it  isn't
going to be that far out anyway.
On my F2A  control line speed model, I have a ONE BLADE prop, with a lead
counter
balance held captive in a steel housing, on a good day that runs at 39,000
Cheers,
Nev.